Welcome to the neurology rotation.
Click here is a link to the goals and objectives for the rotation.
Here is a list of the core competencies we expect you to master during the rotation, with links to appropriate internal and external sources of information.
- Perform a focused neurologic examination
- Distinguish syncope from seizure
- Distinguish primary from secondary generalized seizures
- Management of first seizure
- Management of status epilepticus
- Know when a brain imaging study is indicated for a headache patient
- Abortive and prophylactic treatment of migraine headache
- Distinguish essential tremor from Parkinson’s disease
- Distinguish Parkinson’s disease from other extrapyramidal syndromes
- Distinguish delirium from dementiaManagement of acute delirium
- Distinguish Alzheimer’s from MCI and other dementias
- Management of acute ischemic stroke
- Management of intracerebral hemorrhage
- Evaluation of the coma patient
- Distinguish peripheral from central vertigo
- Diagnose BPPV and perform the Epley maneuver
- Diagnosis and management of multiple sclerosis
- Evaluation of acute muscle weakness
- Management of back pain and radiculopathy
Click here for a link to the video test you are required to take at the end of the rotation – you will be given a on-time access password.